Rivington Barn Bikers Forum Index
Portal  •  Forum  •  Profile  •  Search   •  Register  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in   

rivington potholes - help please!

benny h

blank.gif

PostPosted: 25.11.2010, 20:12    rivington potholes - help please! Reply with quoteBack to top

not been here for a while but ok some of you may be aware that in march (28th) i binned bigtime over rivvi due to a nasty pothole in the road.
coming up from the belmont end, past the res, through the twisties, over the jumps, just past the sign for the chorley border, uphill, on the left hander heading toward the barn.

what happened was, as i came up to the bend, i saw a line of potholes just left of the white line, so dropped a gear and moved to miss them, then hit a much bigger one which snatched the bike off me & threw it over the valley, totalling it (and me!)

anyway, ive been using sorrymate.com to sue lancs council over the state of the road and all has been going well, police report blamed the state of the road, got a statement off the highways dept chief saying they were aware of it etc, but basically they are still denying liability and i've been asked to collect statements off other riders testifying that the road has been fkt since christmas and particularly between february & march this year.

i know a lot of you ride this route - rivington road, sheephouse lane etc, so i'd appreciate any comments.
if anyone can add a comment would they mind getting a call from my solicitor over it?
lady biker solicitor btw & sponsors of jenny tinmouth racing amongst others - check out their bsb team!

basically whether i get paid out for injuries, leathers, lid, recovery etc depends on this so would appreciate any help!

a few pics of the offending defects....

the ones i swerved to avoid

some freshly repaired small potholes and the big one they left to wreck bikes - especially mine

plod picture of the nasty one

gratefull of any help - i know they've fixed a lot of these now which is great, but isn't helping my claim lol!

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
KinkyKatie
Rivi Bikers
Rivi Bikers

usa.gif

PostPosted: 26.11.2010, 10:29    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sheesh thats shocking. I havent been over there for a while because of the shit state of it, absolutely hate that road, the surface is crap, has been for ages and if it aint that its that bloody farmer applying a liberal amount of shit over the road after a blind bend without warning signs!!!!

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger    
vixen

blank.gif

PostPosted: 26.11.2010, 11:57    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

We use that road every week and had noticed and commented on that exact hole as did jon as we stated it was going to kill someone. that road is in a shocking state which is why we stopped riding it a long time ago on the bikes. we'll make statements
benny h

blank.gif

PostPosted: 26.11.2010, 21:17    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

nice one, cheers for your help Smile
the coppers who came out when i crashed said the same & reported it to the council, who came out a few days later & patched it up a bit --- by filling them with gravel.
in other words they cba & made it worse than it was.
the point ive been trying to get across to their defence is that if you look closely you will see chalk lines around the smaller holes indicating that they have only just been patched.
the big hole didnt appear overnight and was obviously there when the workers patched the smaller ones, but they didnt repair it, probably because it wasnt on their job sheet.
very annoying.
i'd had the bike 6 weeks when this happened which is even more of a pisser :/

all they had to do is put signs up saying 'uneven road surface' either end of the road.

Zed

italy.gif

PostPosted: 29.11.2010, 22:00    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Dimples in the tarmac Rolling Eyes no probs doing them around the ton Very Happy

Good luck with the claim Wink

vixen

blank.gif

PostPosted: 02.12.2010, 07:22    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

the council pisses me off.. thats how i wrote the first bike off, which i'd had 5 days so know the feeling... (second one was stupidity but oh well lol)

mail me if you need Jon or me x

benny h

blank.gif

PostPosted: 21.01.2011, 17:45    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

pm sent Smile
solicitor got back to me today and would like to speak to you if possible, about the state of the roads around rivvi.

if anyone else can chip in i would be eternally gratefull Smile

benny h

blank.gif

PostPosted: 11.05.2011, 18:48    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

good news today Very Happy

Your accident on: 28th March 2010

Further to the above matter I now have somegreat news. The Council has finally accepted responsibility for your accidentsubject to you proving the accident happened as alleged which is not a problem.

This is obviously good news as all we needto do now is put together your claim for damages. I have today chased themedical report and was advised that the medical agency are just waiting on yourhospital records before the expert can complete the report.

x4man

uk.gif

PostPosted: 11.05.2011, 22:11    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds good "Benny" hope you do well out of it after waiting so long!!!!
Seems like a new bike is on the way mate????

Shut The Fuck Up!!!!!

blackie
Rivi Bikers
Rivi Bikers

manxflag.gif

PostPosted: 12.05.2011, 14:59    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Suppose my poll tax will go up now ?

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger    
bazz

japan.gif

PostPosted: 12.05.2011, 22:59    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

pothole tax

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger    
benny h

blank.gif

PostPosted: 18.05.2011, 13:59    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

« x4man » wrote:

Seems like a new bike is on the way mate????

nah not yet - i love the firestorm too much to replace it yet Smile
owes me nothing and it does everything i want so i'll be keeping it for a bit longer!
still got to accept a final figure yet but the fact they've admitted liability is a major step.

big thumbs up to sorrymate.com for persevering with this for me Very Happy

Jump to:   

Show permissions

Warning: file(./ctracker/logfiles/logfile_worms.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/29/d67396384/htdocs/rivingtonbarn.com/ctracker/classes/class_log_manager.php on line 235

68010 Attacks blocked