Rivington Barn Bikers Forum Index
Portal  •  Forum  •  Profile  •  Search   •  Register  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in   

Three Sisters race 15th May

Desmo
Rivi Bikers
Rivi Bikers

ireland.gif

PostPosted: 01.05.2011, 14:41    Three Sisters race 15th May Reply with quoteBack to top

First race of the season 15th May at three Sisters im in the mini twins race, ive asked for race number 96 or 196 on a yellow white and black Ducati 600 prob at the back. Come and say hello in the paddock i will be with Bongo and a few other race mates

HiddenView user's profileSend private message    
Desmo
Rivi Bikers
Rivi Bikers

ireland.gif

PostPosted: 10.05.2011, 12:05    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got my race number through will be running #196, practice starts at 10am.

charlie
Rivi Bikers
Rivi Bikers

austria.gif

PostPosted: 10.05.2011, 20:09    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

just may pop along to that paul...

i didnt make today, cos it was raining, and i,m a wuss.

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Desmo
Rivi Bikers
Rivi Bikers

ireland.gif

PostPosted: 10.05.2011, 20:20    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Me neither as it was raining, if you come down pop into the paddock and say hello. I have a 9x9m Gala Tent - big white thing. Yellow, black and white Ducati #196 as in this picture

charlie
Rivi Bikers
Rivi Bikers

austria.gif

PostPosted: 15.05.2011, 17:49    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well !! how did you do?

a shitter of a day for it..

HiddenView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Desmo
Rivi Bikers
Rivi Bikers

ireland.gif

PostPosted: 16.05.2011, 14:49    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a lot of firsts this weekend unfortunately not in the races though.

Went down Sat evening as it was my first race and I wanted to be there prepared. Arrived and pitched near a mate Bongo (my advisor for the weekend). It was a tad gusty and took me 2 hours to put the Gala tent up, most of that time was spent chasing it round the paddock! Also managed to catch my thumb in a ratchet strap, dohh.

Up at 7am and the paddock was starting to fill quite a bit and it was dry, happy days. Scrutineering, sign on and briefing and then it starts to rain. Uhhmmm decisions drys or wets, opted for drys but at 9:50 it was really putting some down with practice for me in 30 mins the decision was made change to wets, made it with minutes to spare, but had a sweat on, oil on my hands and in a slight panic.

Practice was interesting as I'd never ridden the full Three sisters so the back section came as a complete surprise, this is where the time is made and only the 2nd time out on race shift but things felt ok.

Race 1 - My rear tyre warmer packed in before the race so only had heat in the front but they hold you that long in the holding bay I don't suppose it matters. Decided not to pick my grid place out the bag and asked to be put at the back of the grid, got a number 20 position. But they didn't tell me 20 yellow, gets to the grid and there are white and yellow numbers, oh sheeet. Get to 20 white and there is someone on it, i point at it and he shout "Yellow mate!" so there I am pushing my bike back down the grid, while Red flag man looks at me waiting. I find another bike on 20 yellow, so i end up on 18 yellow with people behind me, not what I wanted for my first race. Marshall then walks the grid with a board stating they are using the lights, LIGHTS!!! oh sheet where are they, so while I am looking round trying to find them everyone sets off for the warm up lap. We regrid and I manage to clap eyes on the lights, right then sorted. Lights go off and were off, well everyone else is, while I am setting off as if I am going to the shops, really need to practice starting. Everyones gone and I am dropped at the first corner with no one to tail to get the line. I think by lap three I finally breathed out and my visor immediatley misted up not that i could see anything anyway in the rain. Got lapped by most on lap 5, and then on lap 6 saw the yellow and black cross flag and I am thinking WTF is that for, the ACU license day was so long ago then it dawns on me, ah yes last lap. Made it to the chequer flag and I hadn't binned it, I was chuffed but work to do. I assumed I had finished 17 of 18 as I saw a dnf. But mylaps states 11 of 12, even though the programme had 14 riders in it. Another first don't believe anything other than you finish position.

The gap in between races was far too long, in hindsight I should have entered more races so will enter Rookie as well next time out which will give me 4 races. Did manage to pop out and get some cash to buy some visor demister and the gate security refused to let me back in until I started to get angry and he opted otherwise. Anyway will enter the Rookie races next time out.

Race 2 - Dropped the pressures in my tyres to 28 front and back as my front warmer was smoking and on its way out also. The weather is getting worse, windy/rain and I should have really dropped my gearing to 14 on the front from 15 but at my stage in my racing career I don't think it will make any difference. So I get to the holding area thinking I am on grid number 17 and they give me number 11, uhhhmmm weird. I look round to see only eight riders in the queue. We Grid and this time I find my yellow 11 straight away the next person behind me is on 14 two bike lengths away. Warm up lap I practice a quicker start, but the bloke behind is past me before I get my feet up, you need to see it to believe how fast the experienced lads can start. So here we are ready for the points race, I get a much better start and manage to stay with the tail over the back section and into the paddock area but really struggled with the up hill left hander all day, I tried different gears and different lines but just didn't get on with it and lost loads of time there so got dropped by all but one at that corner. Overall was riding much quicker in fact mylaps said 2 1/2 seconds a lap quicker. Came in 10th of 11 just 10 seconds behind 9th and he was an SV650 with 20bhp more than me. This for me being my first race, 2nd time on wets, new bike, race shift, missed visor, and a pussy was a fantastic effort, kept it upright, got a signature on my ACU card. And had a great day all round.

Racing a 48bhp bike round Three Sisters may not be the fastest thing in the world but the buzz is great. I can only get quicker.

Anglesey next with Wirral 100 on 30th May, Bank Holiday Monday and I know I will be quicker there as I know the track.

Cheers

Paul #196

P.S. Next Three Sisters is 19th June, so as long as I don't have a massive off at Anglesy I will be racing that one too.

x4man

uk.gif

PostPosted: 16.05.2011, 16:56    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done that man!! Laughing

No really well done Paul........... Cool

Shut The Fuck Up!!!!!

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
shuttleworthflyer
Rivi Bikers
Rivi Bikers

uk.gif

PostPosted: 16.05.2011, 17:16    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats Paul, keep goin m8

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger    
Desmo
Rivi Bikers
Rivi Bikers

ireland.gif

PostPosted: 16.05.2011, 19:36    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Got some pics back

magic

bosnia_herzegovina.gif

PostPosted: 16.05.2011, 20:12    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultimate repect, I held my breath just reading your post.

Well done Paul

Desmo
Rivi Bikers
Rivi Bikers

ireland.gif

PostPosted: 16.05.2011, 20:39    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Got this pic back

Jay132

uk.gif

PostPosted: 14.07.2012, 07:32    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Desmo

I just read the section where you had a lot of firsts, sounded great.

I got my bike in Aug 2011 and want to go on a track day, I was at oulton park looking around last week, was grgoodeat.

OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail    
Terry550sxv

uk.gif

PostPosted: 15.07.2012, 07:37    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done that man.

Will pop along and say hello. When is your next meeting.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

Warning: file(./ctracker/logfiles/logfile_worms.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/29/d67396384/htdocs/rivingtonbarn.com/ctracker/classes/class_log_manager.php on line 235

68011 Attacks blocked